Top Ten Overpowered Anime Main Characters
Top Ten Overpowered Anime Main Characters
The seemingly invincible powers that our favorite heroes possess leaves our eyes wide open and our mouths gaping. In almost every anime there comes a point where an enemy appears to surpass even these overpowered protagonists. It is a delight to watch our heroes go beyond their limits resulting in a very intense fight sequence.
The list below entails the top ten immensely powerful anime protagonists whose powers leave the enemies quaking in their very boots. If you feel that there is someone missing from this list, feel free to comment down below. Enjoy!
- Saitama from One Punch Man – This list will not be considered legit if Saitama didn’t hold the first place. He is one of the main protagonists of One Punch Man and, as of now, is the strongest being in the entire series, hell, in the entire anime history. As the name suggests, Saitama is so strong that he can destroy anything and everything with only one, nonchalant punch.
Unlike other anime protagonists, Saitama gained his powers from intense training, 100 daily push-ups, sit-ups, and squats, plus 10 km daily running for a year and a half. But there are some cons to being so strong too. He has become kind of frustrated with the lack of strong opponents who can put up a significant fight.
- Meliodas from Seven Deadly Sins – Meliodas is the captain of the Seven Deadly Sins. He owns the famous tavern Boar Hat. His sacred treasure is the Demon sword Lostvayne and his signature attack is Full Counter and Hellblaze.
Full Counter enables Meliodas to reflect back his opponent’s attack with much greater intensity. Therefore, greater the attack power, greater will be the power of full counter. Hellblaze/Hellfire allows him to generate black flames. It also had the additional quality of nullifying regeneration power of immortals. Using Lostvayne, Meliodas can make clones of himself with half of his maximum Power Level. He can generate as many clones as he wants but the Power Level will be distributed equally between them.
- Momonga from Overlord – Ainz Ooal Gown, formerly known as Momonga, is the main protagonist of the Overlord series. He is the guild master of Ainz Ooal Gown, Overlord of the Great Tomb of Nazarick and the creator of Pandora’s Actor. He is regarded as the highest of the Almighty Forty-One Supreme Beings by the NPCs of Nazarick. His real name is Satoru Suzuki.
The maximum amount of spells that a player could learn is 100 but Momonga was able to learn 718 by using his special ability “Dark Wisdom”. He was ranked among the top 5 most knowledgeable guild members of Ainz Ooal Gown.
- Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate – Alucard is the main protagonist of the Hellsing series and the most powerful weapon of the Hellsing Organisation. The organization works against vampires and such supernatural forces. He is the most powerful vampire alive and is considered to be the most powerful in the whole series.
Alucard gained his powers by being a vampire and also from the research that the organization conducted on him. He is a formidable and strong opponent. He can destroy the strongest of enemies effortlessly. He possesses the power of regeneration, intangibility, hematophagy, hemokinesis, etc. Regeneration allows him to quickly heal from any physical injury. With Intangibility, he can walk through solid surfaces like walls. He has long pointed fangs that helps him to suck pure blood called hematophagy. He can also control blood through hemokinesis.
- Madara Uchiha from Naruto – Madara is the leader of the Uchiha Clan. He is considered to be the strongest shinobi in history and the strongest member of the Uchiha Clan.
Madara was blessed with powerful chakra from his birth. Due to his huge chakra reserve, he was able to fight for twenty-four hours non-stop. He could perform complicated techniques with single hand seals. He was also able to distribute his chakra evenly among twenty-five wood clones, each still having enough power to pose a threat against the Five Kage. He was incredibly skilled in ninjutsu as well as taijutsu, attacking with extreme precision before his opponent could react. Madara’s pain tolerance was high never flinching even when his arm was cut off.
- Goku from Dragon Ball Z – Goku is a male Saiyan and the main protagonist of the Dragon Ball series. Goku was initially sent to Earth to destroy it and it’s people. But due to an accident, he happened to lose his memory and ended up becoming the biggest defender of Earth.
Goku is the strongest warrior in Universe 7 and one of the most powerful in the whole franchise. He has extreme determination to learn new techniques and go beyond his limits. Rock, Scissors ‘N’ Paper technique was taught to him by his grandpa which includes one of the three attack styles; either a closed-fist attack, a two-finger jab or an open-palm thrust assault. Kamehameha is Goku’s signature move which he learned from Master Roshi. Over time he has perfected this technique and even develops different variations of it. By using Kaioken, another technique that he uses, Goku’s other abilities increase proportionally. But Goku’s most powerful ability is that of the Spirit Bomb. he channels ki from all the surrounding sources and focuses it into a single energy ball. It is a kind of trump card for him and he learned this from King Kai.
- Kurosaki Ichigo from Bleach – Ichigo is a human substitute Shinigami. Physically, Ichigo is in top shape. He has been repeatedly shown to stop attacks bare-handed. He has been trained in martial arts since he was just a child by his father. Even though not being in his Shinigami form, he is so strong that he can smash a man’s head through a concrete road with a single kick.
According to Aizen and Urahara, Ichigo grasps the basics of techniques in just days when it takes the most gifted Shinigami weeks for the same technique. He has immense spiritual power which surprises anyone who encounters it. Ichigo is noted to constantly give off Reiatsu that of a captain’s level. He can keep fighting effectively even when worn out with the help of his Zanpaktou, Getsuga Tensho. He is a master swordsman and his skill grows with every fight. As well as, he is a Shunpo expert so much so that even high-level Shinigami are taken aback by it.
- Kenpachi Zaraki from Bleach – Zaraki Kenpachi is a Shinigami, current captain of the 11th Division in the Gotei 13. Kenpachi is a skilled swordsman, capable of multiple attack strike without any difficulty. He has so much confidence in his fighting skills that he can fight with one hand free, only using both hands when he thinks the opponent is worthy of it.
He possesses immense spiritual power, so much so that without even taking off his eyepatch, which holds his real prowess down, he can fight two captain level opponents at the same time. Having such a strong reiatsu level has its cons too as he is unable to control it efficiently and relies on his eyepatch more often than not. But he possesses enough control to focus and unleash his spiritual pressure in the form of a powerful shockwave.
- Levi Ackerman from SNK – Levi Ackerman, often formally referred to as Captain Levi, is the squad captain of the Special Operations Squad within the Survey Corps. Levi is excellent at using the vertical maneuvering equipment. He is considered the best among all the soldiers. He is also considered to be as valuable as an entire brigade.
Levi has formidable physical strength, far outweighing all of the other soldiers. Despite being small and tiny, his body is well built with muscles making him very strong. Aside from being strong, he has a profound ability to assess any situation and make calculated decisions in the heat of battle.
- Umibouzu from Gintama – Umibouzu is the renowned alien-hunter or “Alien Buster” in the universe. His real name is Kankou and he is the father of Kamui and Kagura. The nickname Umibouzu, which literally means the sea of star (galaxy) monk, is given to him in honor of his fighting prowess.
Being Yato, one of the strongest race in the universe, Umibozu has very fair almost translucent skin, a lean body unhindered by age, and supernatural fighting abilities. He has tremendous physical strength, speed, durability, reflexes, agility, flexibility, instincts, tactical analytical skills, endurance, longevity, vitality, and senses all of which surpass human capabilities. His abilities are far above those of his fellow Yato clansmen, with only two people (Housen and Kamui) having the ability to fight against him.
The writer of the article “Top Ten Overpowered Anime Main Characters” is Gitanjali Mishra. Connect with her on Facebook.